Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
RSS

I was dumped for something better

They say the grass is always greener on the other side. Well, my grass is green. But, still i can't help looking on the other side..


Who’s never been tempted to see if the grass is greener elsewhere is a liar...




an email i got from JOBSTREET.COM


Read Rite Philippines needs buyer/planner.

...and so I excitedly worked on my resume.

Weeks later, I almost jumped for joy because I was called for interview. It will be a dream come true –working as a buyer ( the position I’ve been longing for years) in a reputable and high paying American firm in Laguna, which is Read Rite. I went through series of exams , and thank God I'm chosen as one of the few shortlisted for final interview..


The boss seemed to like me, for i have extensive experience to offer on materials planning. BUT, they are looking for Sr. Buyer/Planner. The ad did not specify it was for Sr.position. I started to panic. My heart beats faster when he later asked me if I have experience in buying or have done little negotiations. I did not answer as yes or no, but i intentionally relate negotiations as an everyday task for materials and production planners; and he was convinced, i supposed(?). Twas already 11:30AM, been sitting in the hot seat for 45 minutes, and still haven't been done. My hanky's all wet, and started hearing my stomach growling and gurgling! And, finally, he said one last question. T'was a buyer situational analysis! "What would you do if given the scenario...blah blah blah, buyer objectives,,, etc. etc"..Damned! That final question nailed me! My confidence started to loose, but he said, he will be referring me to the other team, particularly the Planning Department, if I am interested. I just smiled back, and says No, Thanks, Sir!....In short, I still chose to stay in ACER.

READ RITE rejected me for the position I have been aiming for long time. If only they knew how much I've wanted to be a buyer.


Few months passed, I heard from news that READ RITE suffered a great loss from their newly launched product, and that they were already for closure. Feeling BITTER, or feeling BETTER, it’s a blessing in disguise I thought.

Currently, I’m doing good as MC/Buyer Function leader trainee here in ACER Philippines. I thought there would be no chance for me to become a buyer at all. But HIS ways are just & His plans are perfect, at the same time I was promoted as a Materials Planner/Buyer Function Leader.

Now, if you think you’re dream has been shattered like mine, and feels like you’re being rejected by anyone else, just shrug it off. Believe in GOD & bear in mind that you are just being dumped for something better...



Didache inspired/ done 1st draft on Aug 18, 2007.




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment