Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
RSS

Out of the comfort zone

How many times I've felt i was out of the comfort zone?

I remember one when i resigned with a heavy heart, as an MC Planner/Buyer Function Leader in Acer, year 2002 to start my own business. At the beginning, t'was really psychologically overwhelming- that at the age of 27, i've made some remarkable accomplishments in my career life already.

Few months passed, and i had the 1st taste of defeat. My business isn't going anywhere and so i decided to closed it. The savings I had, were all gone. I've got debts. I failed. I've lost.

So, I decided to go back to my old career again, as a planner, this time in Pampanga. I stayed in Pampanga for 2 years, going home only twice a month. It meant exposing myself to other people I hardly knew; understanding their culture; learning some Kapampangan words; and trying to please & trust them as well. At the office, I've met mean people.. and my work is too stressful. I went through a lot of emotional stress, yet, it still took me years before i finally decided to leave.

Then, 2004 I've joined another company Remec, but is now named as Celestica, thinking that finally, I'm back to my comfort zone. As of this writing, i am back living with my family. But maybe right, some good things never last. Celestica is soon to close its plant effective Dec 31, and that means I am out on my comfort zone, again!

What lies ahead, that is, I don't know yet.


Right now I am considering a plan coming to Singapore by mid-January to look for a job. But this decision isn't final yet,,.for I am not sure, if my plans are according to HIS will.

I am praying that the Lord will continue giving me the courage to face the unknown and trusting HIM in order for me to take every NEW step bearable. For without these, I would still be like before- lost, doubtful and confined to my own little world.



Didache inspired.Original draft written Dec 1, 2007.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment